Dear Jackson Families,
There are many ways to be "in the know" about Jackson activities - click HERE to learn more.
We had another wonderful coffee chat on September 23rd and the parents who were able to come suggested I give a recap of the discussion here on the website. Please contact me if you'd like to discuss any of the items further.
1. The staff created a mission statement we believe really tells what Jackson is about: At Jackson, we are a family community which embraces a tradition of excellence that fosters emotional, social, and academic growth in a culture where everyone is happy, welcomed, included, and challenged.
2. 14-15 Smarter Balanced Assessment individual score reports will be in your mailbox any time. If you would like to know more about the test or the scores, please see the video HSD has provided by clicking HERE.
3. The school improvement plan (SIP) is in a final"ish" form - it is always being reviewed and improved by staff. Specifically, we are working to gather data for grades K-2 so we can set goals at those levels.. Click HERE if you would like to see it.
4. We will use the data from the AdvancED surveys later in the fall to make adjustments and add pertinent data to the improvement plan. AdvancED is the company completing our district accreditation; parents, staff, and students have all been asked to complete surveys to try to help us look at our school and our district in a way that helps us celebrate our successes and make improvements.
5. Wanda Chen is back and looking forward to a great year in Room 6 teaching Chinese to all of our students!
6. Every student at Jackson has a homeroom assignment because they are all a part of our Jackson community! Some students are in class with their peers all day, some are there for 5 minutes, and others are somewhere in between. The time students spend together is important for all of the kids, for our overall community, and for our life long interactions with other people. We base individual time in general education and special education classes on individual needs and individual educational goals.
It is a pleasure to serve the students, teachers, and community of Jackson!