Greetings Tobias Families!
- School starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. On Wednesdays school begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:50 PM. Student supervision begins at 7:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm. In order to ensure student safety, please make sure your student is dropped off after 7:30 am and before 2:30 pm. On Wednesdays, student supervision ends at 2:00.
Thank you to all who volunteered at Tiger Trek. It was a PAWsitively awesome time and was only possible with your generous help! The PTO thanks you! Tiger Trek may be over, but there is still time to raise money for Tobias. Pledge forms are due Wednesday, October 12th. There are great incentives to helping the school, like: prizes, family fun passes, pies in faces, Mr. Bekken's shaved head, and more. The class that has the most participation wins a class party!
These fun activities for our kids cannot happen without Volunteers, Now is your chance to make a difference!
Contact PTO President Danica Barnes, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to help with any of the opportunities below:
- Doesn't a Fall Costume Dance sound fun? Your involvement is needed to help plan and carry out the event.
- Games, prizes, music, food, fun! Help plan and carry out the Spring Carnival.
- Event Chairperson- Lead a committee of volunteers to ensure all details of the event is carried out.
- Committee Member- Attend a few meetings and lead a portion of the event, such as: food, a game, prizes, advertising, donations, set-up, volunteers, decorations, and more.
- Ready to share your art skills through Art Literacy? Opportunities include:
- Leader- Choose an artist and art style, prepare teaching materials and supplies, and teach other volunteers.
- In-class- Teach the chosen art project to your child's class (or more, if you want).
Holiday Bazaar is coming soon!
Tobias' Holiday Bazaar is an annual community event, which consistently raises funds for our school. Your help is needed to organize and carry out this tradition. Contact Danica Barnes at email@example.com or Julie Carmean at firstname.lastname@example.org
“7:50’s great, 8 is late!”
School starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. On Wednesdays school begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:50 PM. Student supervision begins at 7:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm. In order to ensure student safety, please make sure your student is dropped off after 7:30 am and before 2:30 pm. On Wednesdays, student supervision ends at 2:00.
A reminder for Tobias student and parent safety
During pick-up and drop-off times, we need parents to stay behind the yellow line in the bus area. Buses are having a hard time making the turn because parents are encroaching over the line which makes the bus drivers unable to safely maneuver.
Background checks- Background checks are required to volunteer (including classroom help, PTO and field trips) and expire every two years. Prior to volunteering, we ask that you complete the volunteer application process. Link- https://volunteer.hsd.k12.or.us/volunteerapp/Pages/application.aspx
Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
Fred Meyer Community Rewards program & Tobias-Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (Tobias Elementary PTO / NPO# 84680).
Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Tobias PTO earn a donation!
You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
Keep on Shoparooing Tobias!
Easier than Boxtops! Save your shopping receipts!!!! Snap a picture of them and our school gets cash from Shoparoo! Shoparoo is the most hassle-free school fundraiser around. Shoparoo is a free app for iOS and Android phones that allows anyone and everyone to take pictures of their shopping receipts to earn cash donations for the school of their choice! (Tobias). There is no registration required, and no set up process - anyone can raise money for any school. Just take a few moments to snap a picture of your grocery receipt on your smartphone, and voila - you've made an instant cash donation! You can also take pictures of your non-grocery receipts (like clothing stores, electronics stores, restaurants, home improvement stores, and more) for entries into Shoparoo's $1,000 and $15,000 sweepstakes. Tobias has already received a check from last year, head over to their website and sign-up for Tobias Elementary School today! http://www.shoparoo.com/