Greetings Tobias Families!
Important Dates and Reminders
- School starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. On Wednesdays school begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:50 PM. Student supervision begins at 7:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm. In order to ensure student safety, please make sure your student is dropped off after 7:30 am and before 2:30 pm. On Wednesdays, student supervision ends at 2:00.
- September 15th, Thursday - First PTO meeting of the year @ 2:30 in the Library (kiddos are welcome too!) and Back-To-School night 6 pm-7:30 pm
- September 16th, Friday - Tiger Trek Kickoff assembly @ 1:45 and pledge packets go home!
- September 22nd, Thursday - Picture Day @ Tobias
- September 23rd, Friday - Tobias Bookworm Bash during lunches. Want to help with the upcoming Book Worm Bash? Contact Danica Barnes- email@example.com
- September 30th, Friday - Tiger Trek Crazy Hair /Mismatch Day(sign-up and schedule coming soon.)
“7:50’s great, 8 is late!”
School starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. On Wednesdays school begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:50 PM. Student supervision begins at 7:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm. In order to ensure student safety, please make sure your student is dropped off after 7:30 am and before 2:30 pm. On Wednesdays, student supervision ends at 2:00.
Tobias folders went home last week
With various school and volunteer forms inside. Please complete and return them to school as soon as you can. These forms help the school and your PTO know when and if to contact you for event help.
Tiger Trek Is Coming
Be on the lookout for Tiger Trek Pledge forms coming home in your student's backpack, Friday September 16th. Remember this is our big fundraiser for the year and benefits all students inside and outside the classroom. This is how we support Field Trip buses, Literacy Programs, Art Programs, Assemblies, Family Fun Nights and Extra Classroom Support. This is a great outdoor event promoting exercise and fun for students that includes crazy hair and mismatch day!
These fun activities for our kids cannot happen without Volunteers, Now is your chance to make a difference!
Contact PTO President Danica Barnes, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to help with any of the opportunities below:
- School Dance - Doesn't a Fall Costume Dance sound fun? Your involvement is needed to help plan and carry out the event.
- Spring Carnival - Games, prizes, music, food, fun! Help plan and carry out the Spring Carnival.
- Event Chairperson - Lead a committee of volunteers to ensure all details of the event is carried out.
- Committee Membe r- Attend a few meetings and lead a portion of the event, such as: food, a game, prizes, advertising, donations, set-up, volunteers, decorations, and more.
- Art Literacy - Ready to share your art skills through Art Literacy? Opportunities include:
- Leader - Choose an artist and art style, prepare teaching materials and supplies, and teach other volunteers.
- In-class - Teach the chosen art project to your child's class (or more, if you want).
A reminder for Tobias student and parent safety
During pick-up and drop-off times, we need parents to stay behind the yellow line in the bus area. Buses are having a hard time making the turn because parents are encroaching over the line which makes the bus drivers unable to safely maneuver.
Background checks- Background checks are required to volunteer (including classroom help, PTO and field trips) and expire every two years. Prior to volunteering, we ask that you complete the volunteer application process. Link- https://volunteer.hsd.k12.or.us/volunteerapp/Pages/application.aspx
Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
Fred Meyer Community Rewards program & Tobias-Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (Tobias Elementary PTO / NPO# 84680).
Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Tobias PTO earn a donation!
You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
Keep on Shoparooing Tobias!
Easier than Boxtops! Save your shopping receipts!!!! Snap a picture of them and our school gets cash from Shoparoo! Shoparoo is the most hassle-free school fundraiser around. Shoparoo is a free app for iOS and Android phones that allows anyone and everyone to take pictures of their shopping receipts to earn cash donations for the school of their choice! (Tobias). There is no registration required, and no set up process - anyone can raise money for any school. Just take a few moments to snap a picture of your grocery receipt on your smartphone, and voila - you've made an instant cash donation! You can also take pictures of your non-grocery receipts (like clothing stores, electronics stores, restaurants, home improvement stores, and more) for entries into Shoparoo's $1,000 and $15,000 sweepstakes. Tobias has already received a check from last year, head over to their website and sign-up for Tobias Elementary School today! http://www.shoparoo.com/