DOWNLOAD THE HSD MOBILE APP TO STAY CONNECTED!
Download the HSD Mobile App! This is another way to stay connected and up-to-date on information, reminders and events.
VIDEO EXPLANATIONS OF OUR NEW REPORT CARDS
While these videos are from last year, there is still good content. One video is in English and the other is in Spanish.
Visit our Common Core Page for Parent Friendly Guides to the Common Core State Standards.
ATTENDANCE - EVERY DAY COUNTS!
Learning happens each day, in every class. Missed instruction is difficult to ‘make-up’ at home. Being consistently late to school or pulling students out of class for non-emergency medical appointments robs them of valuable learning experiences and disrupts the learning environment for all students. Please do what you can to ensure your child’s success at school by supporting their on-time attendance each day.
COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
Oregon, along with many other states in the nation, has adopted new standards for teaching and learning. These standards, the Common Core State Standards, or CCSS, or Common Core, represent a significant shift in what it means to teach and learn with new, higher expectations and a focus on better outcomes for students. We are currently working on a tool for our website that you can use to explore the standards for your child's grade level, until then, visit http://www.corestandards.org/
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION SUPPORT (PBIS): OUR EFFECTIVE SCHOOL WIDE BEHAVIOR PROGRAM
Brookwood will continue our long standing PBIS system, but will be making some significant adjustments this coming year in an effort to breathe new life into the program. Check our new PBIS section of the website, to be created soon, for more information and specifics on the positive impacts on Brookwood.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
The safety of our students is very important to us! For that reason, we ask that you follow these simple guidelines and encourage your students to do the same. These guidelines may be adjusted to fit the current needs of our building.
- After 7:45, Student supervision is only available in the cafeteria or gym. Breakfast starts at 7:45am. Students eating breakfast go directly to the cafeteria. Student not eating breakfast go directly to the gym. Students should not be in the main hall, breezeways, playground or garden.
- Classrooms open at 8:10am, not earlier. Students should not arrive before 8:10 UNLESS they are going to eat breakfast or have ridden the bus to school.
- School starts at 8:15am. After this time, students need to get a tardy pass from the office.
- Students should enter school ready to focus on learning.
- To maximize learning, students need to arrive on time, be well rested and nourished. If buses arrive before 8:00am, riders need to go directly to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the gym.
If you drive your student to school, please use the front drive through drop off. Please be aware of others and allow traffic to flow smoothly. For the safety of students, please arrange carpools if possible to minimize traffic at drop-off and pick-up.
- Students who walk home are expected to walk directly home.
- Parents picking up their students, must do so from the main hall area nearest the office.
- Parents picking-up students by car, must do so from the car-pick-up area in the front of the building.
- Students who ride the bus are to come directly to the bus staging area after being dismissed from class.
Adult supervision is provided to students during regular school hours, while traveling on district-provided vehicles to and from school, and while engaged in district-sponsored activities. Such supervision does not include early morning or the time following usual student departure unless students are present for a scheduled activity. Commercial day care providers have been informed that they must consistently pick up students at dismissal times in a timely manner, which does not extend beyond the time following usual student departure (ten minutes following student dismissal times). Brookwood Staff are unavailable to supervise students outside of our 7:45am-3:30pm Office Hours. Students may not arrive before, or stay after these times, unless involved in a school sponsored activity.
To maintain a safety, the Brookwood campus is closed to the public during school hours, and after dusk. School staff do their best to monitor the school property between the hours of 7:30am and 4:00pm. To help us create a safe environment, all visitors between 7:45am and 2:45pm must check in at the office. Parents picking up their children are permitted in selected areas beginning at 5 minutes before the first dismissal bell. If you have questions, please contact your child's teacher or the office staff.