We will be having several pick up games at the 53rd st field on Saturdays. Check with your captains for dates and time. There is three Mandatory condition dates. They are Feb 11th, 18th, and 29th from 12pm-2pm after the Halo clinics at 53rd st field. Grab your gear and get on the field.
Preseason Captains workouts have begun. They will be on M/W/F from 4pm-5:30pm. If the player is not doing another sport during that time it is required to participate in the workouts.
- Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Practice is at 53rd Street Fields
- A bus will be provided from Century High School to 53rd Street Fields daily.
- Parents will need to pick up players at 53rd street after practice.
- If a player will not be able to attend practice, a PARENT needs to contact Coach Norris at971-732-2567 prior to practice.
- Please pick up your player on time. Coach is not allowed to take anyone home and must wait.
- Alternate driver (adult and student) forms are required. See sidebar for forms to be submitted to Coach or Board.
- Sports physicals are required for Freshman and Junior players before PRACTICE begins.
- Note: One physical per year is required, so if you've played another sport this year, you are in the clear. The Hillsboro School District Health Center offers sports physicals!
- How to:
- 3 ways to make an appointment:
- Walk into the health center and see when they can accommodate you.
- Call the health center at 503-844-2840.
- Ask your parent or guardian to call and schedule an appointment.
OHSLA Concussion Testing
- Concussion Testing set for March 6th!
- If you miss out on the concussion testing on Friday, you will need to arrange a make-up time with Jaime on your own time. You should expect the testing to take 30-45 minutes.
- Jamie Carter, the Century Athletic Trainer will need to test every freshman and junior athlete. Sophomores and Seniors will need to test if they did not take the baseline last year.
- Concussion awareness is a point of emphasis for US Lacrosse and the OHSLA. With the passing of SB 721 (Jenna's Law) into law, parents and players must be made aware of the symptoms, causes, and treatment of concussions.
- The OHSLA is requiring that teams ensure that parents and players have read the following three CDC documents: