Important Senior Meeting - October 19th
Senior Parents and Students: On October 19th there was a presentation with seniors regarding important reminders and deadlines. If you missed the information, or want to revisit it, view it here: Senior Presentation/October 19th #June9th
Daily Announcements - Friday, October 21, 2016
- Attention Boys Basketball Players! Please stop by the Athletic Office for the dates and times for Boys Basketball Open Gym. They are also posted on the reader board outside the gym. Thanks & Roll Tide!
*Friday, Oct 21 6:30-8:30pm
*Wed, Oct 26 4:00-6:00pm
*Mon, Oct 31 4:00-6:00pm
*Wed, Nov 2 4:00-6:00pm
*Tues, Nov 8 4:00-6:00pm
*Mon, Nov 7 4:00-6:00pm
Congratulations to Emily Anderson and Thomas Lowe who have been selected to the Oregon All State Band. Emily will play clarinet with the Symphonic Band and Thomas will be a drum set player in the Jazz Band. The students will perform at concerts held at the Oregon Music Educators Association clinic in Eugene, OR at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts January 13th through 15th. This is a tremendous honor. Congratulations Thomas and Emily.
- Battle of the Football Rooter Buses! Sign up to take the Football Rooter Bus to Glencoe’s last Football game at The Dalles High School on Friday, October 28th. The Class with the most students who sign up will get their own bus and free pizza (min. 35 students)! All others will ride the 2nd bus! The cost is only $10, which covers your ride, pizza and admission into the game! Please stop by the Athletic Office to pick up a Permission Slip. Deadline to sign up is Thursday morning before school on October 27th.
- Attention Students! Senior Night for our cheerleaders and football players is Tonight at our home football game against Corvallis. Please show your support for our Senior athletes by arriving at 6:30pm to help them celebrate this special moment and to cheer on our awesome Tide Football team. Thanks & Roll Tide!
- Attention Winter Sport Athletes! Online registration is now open for Basketball, Wrestling and Swimming. If you’re interested in going out for a winter sport, please sign up at www.familyid.com. If you have questions on how to get registered, please see Mrs. Messmer in the Athletic Office.
- STAMP TEST! The STAMP Test for World Language credit by proficiency will be taking place on Saturday, October 29th, starting at 9 a.m. Pick up a registration form in the main office or the counseling center. You must turn in your registration form to Señor Ricardo in Room 216 to secure a spot at Saturdays testing date. There will only be 40 spots available for the first testing date.
- Distracted – Opens Tonight! Glencoe Theatre’s entertaining and impactful show – Distracted – opens Friday! Shows are this Friday and Saturday and next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30. Cast members and the office are selling tickets for $8 in advance. You can also purchase remaining tickets at the door for $10. The audience surrounds the action on the stage for this powerful show that realistically tackles the subject of mental health. The show is recommended for ages 14+ due to its serious topic and the strong language required for its portrayal.
- Seniors: November application workshops for Oregon universities include: University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Western Oregon University, and Portland Community College. We’re waiting to hear back confirmation from Portland State University and Southern Oregon University. You can apply for college on site at Glencoe! Sign up through the counseling webpage or swing into the counseling center if you have questions.
- Over 70 Glencoe students are attending the NW College Fair this coming Monday 10/24. Great stuff! We are no longer taking permission slips for the school fieldtrip, but if you or your family would like to attend on your own, it is free and open to the public at the Oregon Convention Center on Sunday 10/23 from 1-4 and Monday 10/24 from 9-noon. You can pre-register if you’d like or go to their website to get a list of all of the schools. Google Portland College Fair or go to http://bit.ly/2dlwRfE