The Hilhi learning community endeavors to promote excellence and ensure the success of all students through school-wide implementation of the following guiding principles:
Content Literacy: In order to prepare all students for post-secondary success, Hilhi will ensure a school-wide focus on literacy skills including, reading, writing, problem-solving, critical thinking, and research.
- College Readiness: Using a framework of college readiness, the Hilhi Community will provide all students with instructional programs and academic support to equip them with the skills, behaviors and content knowledge needed to be successful in post-secondary learning.
- Personalization: Hilhi's schedules and structures will meet the changing needs of students and staff by providing enriching learning activities and promoting student teacher relationships to optimize student learning.
- Partnerships: Hilhi will expand partnership opportunities among staff, students, parents, and community members through targeted publicity and strategic outreach campaigns.
- Professional Learning Community: Hilhi will function as a professional learning community to assess student performance and program success and collaboratively implement best practices across the school community.
- Equity: All Hilhi students will pursue a challenging and rigorous academic program. We will provide students with the necessary equitable structures, supports, and encouragement that will lead to their post-secondary success.