a subscription school, was formed in 1847 - BEFORE Oregon became a state! The building was only 18'x25'. A two room Reedville School was built on the Robinson claim (junction of 209 and Kinnaman) in 1892 or 1895. The fifty pupils are pictured here. The school itself, as pictured, was constructed on STILTS!
Reedville School District 29 was formed by 1859 with a one-room schoolhouse built that same year at what is now Johnson Road and 209th Avenue.
In 1920, that building was demolished and a three-room school was built at the same site. The school continued to expand, growing to 12 classrooms, a gym, and several other rooms by 1976. This single-story building remains in use as the current Reedville Elementary School, and has a total of of space.
Located in the Reedville area, the school and district were merged into the Hillsboro district in 1996.
The 278-student school has Rams as their mascot. As of 2009, the school has repeatedly met all targets for federal academics, scored 69.1 on the state's achievement index, and was listed as satisfactory by the state for achievement.
The current school was built in 1920 and remodeled by the Federal Emergency of Public Works. Additions were made in subsequent years.