We welcome volunteers at Reedville! In a continuing effort to ensure that our schools are safe for students and staff, the Hillsboro School District has instituted new procedures for volunteers.
Signing up to become a volunteer for the Hillsboro School District is relatively easy—and once you’re cleared, you’re good for two years!
There are three basic steps to becoming a volunteer:
1. Read the District’s Volunteer Handbook
2. Complete the Volunteer Application Form
3. Complete the Criminal History Verification Form,
which provides consent for a background check
During the summer months, the Volunteer Application and Criminal History Verification Forms should be completed and returned to the District's Human Resources Department for processing. When school begins in the fall, volunteer application materials can be turned in at the Reedville office.
The level of background check depends on your volunteer level:
- Level One Volunteers (parents/guardians or high school students) must submit to an OJIN background check (Oregon Judicial Information Network – state of Oregon only)
- Level Two Volunteers (business/community members, family members, college students, or parents/guardians who will chaperone students on overnight trips) must submit to a national background check
- Level Three Volunteers (holding positions as coaches or student advisors) must submit to both the national background check and fingerprinting
After you have been notified that your volunteer application is approved, you may contact Reedville directly for your volunteer assignments. Please remember, for school safety reasons, to always sign-in and out at the school office and wear your volunteer badge at all times during your assignment.