Greetings Tobias Families!
Important Dates and Reminders
- School starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:20 PM. On Wednesdays school begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 1:50 PM. Student supervision begins at 7:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm. In order to ensure student safety, please make sure your student is dropped off after 7:30 am and before 2:30 pm. On Wednesdays, student supervision ends at 2:00.
- October 29th, Thursday - Picture re-take day
- October 30th, Friday - Tiger Trek Awards & Spirit Assembly/ Get ready to pie!
- November 1st, Sunday - Daylight Saving Time (“Fall” one hour backwards!)
- November 5th, Thursday - Tobias Annual Harvest Carnival
- November 6th, Friday - No School/conference prep
- November 11th, Wednesday - No School/ Veteran’s Day
- Tuesday 11/10 3:30-7:30pm & Thursday 11/12 7:30 am -7:30pm K-6th Conferences
- November 13th, Friday - No School
- November 21st, Saturday - Annual Tobias Holiday Bazaar 9am-4pm
Please remember to be safe (and reflective) this weekend while Trick-or-Treating!
Thank you to all the Parents who attended the Principal coffee with Mr. Bekken last Friday
Please keep in mind Parents who would like to attend the Spirit Assembly on 10/30 @ 1:30pm, must pass the HSD background check. The check takes a few days to process and approve so the sooner the better. See below for website address/link or you can fill out in the Tobias office.
Friendly reminder: Background checks must be renewed every two years. Background checks are required to participate in volunteering, Spirit Assemblies, field trips and any event during schools hours. You can renew or complete yours now! Link to HSD - https://volunteerapplication.hsd.k12.or.us/
Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
Fred Meyer Community Rewards program & Tobias-Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (Tobias Elementary PTO / NPO# 84680).
Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Tobias PTO earn a donation!
You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
Keep on Shoparooing Tobias!
Easier than Boxtops!Save your shopping receipts!!!! Snap a picture of them and our school gets cash from Shoparoo! Shoparoo is the most hassle-free school fundraiser around. Shoparoo is a free app for iOS and Android phones that allows anyone and everyone to take pictures of their shopping receipts to earn cash donations for the school of their choice! (Tobias). There is no registration required, and no set up process - anyone can raise money for any school. Just take a few moments to snap a picture of your grocery receipt on your smartphone, and voila - you've made an instant cash donation! You can also take pictures of your non-grocery receipts (like clothing stores, electronics stores, restaurants, home improvement stores, and more) for entries into Shoparoo's $1,000 and $15,000 sweepstakes. Tobias has already received a check from last year, head over to their website and sign-up for Tobias Elementary School today! http://www.shoparoo.com/
Background checks are required to volunteer (including classroom help, PTO and field trips) and expire every two years. Prior to volunteering, we ask that you complete the volunteer application process at https://volunteer.hsd.k12.or.us/volunteerapp/Pages/application.aspx
Reminder for parents
When dropping off students, please use the vehicle drop off loop. Students should not be dropped off in front of the school, in between traffic, or where the buses pull in. The school does have signs indicating where/not to drop off. Let's all be courteous, respectful, safe and set a good example.